The picture looks awful but it is a rich curry worth trying. It’s loosely based on a traditional dish called murgh badami.
- One chicken (or four chicken thighs) cut in pieces.
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 slice of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 25 chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- Ghee or butter
- Brown onions in ghee or butter.
- Add chicken, garlic, ginger, salt, chili powder and turmeric, and cook over medium heat for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add garam masala and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add yogurt and keep cooking for a minute.
- Add chopped almonds, put the lid on and keep cooking until chicken is tender.
- This dish will look a lot better using ground almonds.
- You can finish it adding some cream but I believe it’s already quite rich.