My grandmother used to make this every Sunday with rabbits she raised herself. I know I’ll never achieve the perfection that comes from repetition.
- 3 Rabbit thighs or a whole rabbit cut in pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Bay leaf
- Olive oil
- Put everything in the pot with a pinch of salt and cook over medium-low heat. Stir once in a while, scraping the bottom of the pot.
- After 10 minutes, cover with a lid and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- As many stews, it tastes better the day after.
- If you have any leftovers you want to freeze, eat all the potatoes, then freeze.