This dish celebrates the fact that rabbit and rice were created for each other. Aim for a soupy consistency, the one that makes you doubt about using a fork.
- A rabbit, cut in smallish pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup of rice
- 3 cups of water or chicken broth
- Sauté rabbit, onion and garlic in a generous amount of olive or vegetable oil over medium heat until you get a brown layer sticked to the bottom of the pan. Lower the heat and keep cooking until it darkens a bit more.
- Add half a cup of water or broth and you’ll witness a marvelous transformation as the layer disappears and gives way to a brown sauce that makes rabbit look much more appetizing.
- Let it reduce, add rice and stir well.
- Add water or broth and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Cover with a lid and let rest. Check every five minutes for the desired consistency. Serve.