This is a recipe from a Persian cookbook I don’t like very much but not completely useless with some interesting dishes like this one: simple, pretty and flavorful.
- 4 chicken legs, cut in two
- 2 onions
- 1 cup of shelled pistachios, soaked overnight
- 1 bunch of dill
- A pinch of turmeric
- Oil, salt and pepper
- Lightly brown the chicken legs in oil.
- Add onions, finaly sliced and cook until soft and starting to brown
- Add turmeric, four cups of water and salt and pepper to your taste. Cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Now add the pistachios to the pot and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Finely chop a bunch of dill, add to the pot and serve.