This recipe comes from a book I bought in Naples. I could not find a single reference to it anywhere. It has no ISBN and the name of the author is missing. I got it from a street vendor selling all kinds of odd stuff. Very napolitean.
The recipe is very simple. As always, use the best ingredients you can find to let the flavors shine.
* A medium onion, finely chopped
* Half a stalk of celery, finely chopped
* A handfull of basil leaves, finely chopped
* A handfull of parsley, finely chopped
* 4-5 cups of boiled beans
* Olive oil
* Salt and pepper
1. Gently fry everthing but the beans until the onion is translucent.
2. Add beans, stir and cook briefly.
3. If you have stale bread, put a slice on each plate and cover with the beans.