My mother is over for a few days to spend some time with her grandsons and she is cooking some of hers most popular dishes. My youngest nephew particularly loves this one.
Use a pot where the chicken pieces fit in a single layer to get a good gravy.
- One chicken cut in pieces
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 bay leave
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Olive oil
- Brown the chicken in medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic keep cooking until brown.
- Add brandy and cranck up the heat until alcohol evaporates and the vigourous boiling ends and becomes a frying matter.
- Add water but do not cover chicken completely, turn down the heat and add salt. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn the chicken pieces and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve. It goes well with a green vinegary salad.