A truly one pot wonder and easy recipe from the Northern Spanish region of Asturias.
- Butter beans, soaked overnight
- 1 chorizo
- 1 blood pudding
- 1 piece of salted pork belly, soaked overnight
- Put beans in the pot and add enough water to cover them by two fingers. Boil for one and a half hour and keep a relaxed eye on the beans to add some cold water if they need more to be covered (not by two fingers now, but just covered).
- Prick the chorizo and blood pudding and add to the pot along with the salted pork. Cook until beans are tender.
- Add salt to taste and save for tomorrow. It will improve.
- Blood pudding must contain onions to achieve the authentic Asturian flavor.
- Use Spanish chorizo or Portuguese chouriço.
- Eat the next day. This should be mandatory.
It freezes well.