This dish uses almost the same ingredients as lamb with chestnuts but instead of sautéing you directly boil the meat and onions without stirring. It’s a good example of how combining the same ingredients but using different techniques produces different flavors and textures.
- 1 kg of lamb, cut in small pieces
- 4 onions, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 or 2 pomegranates
- Put lamb and onions in the pot.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and cook until the meat is tender. Do not stir.
- Add turmeric and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add pomegranate seeds and serve.