I love pulses despite the side-effects. This thick soup is so good I cannot stop eating it. If this happens to you, be ready for a lonely walk in the woods where you can fart in peace with the world.
- Two cups of lentils
- 1 or 2 Spanish chorizos
- An onion, finely chopped
- Two garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- Olive oil
- Put everything but chorizo in the pot. Add enough water two cover lentils by two finger and boil gently until the lentils are tender.
- Add slized chorizo and cook for 10 minutes. Serve.
- It tastes much better the day after.
- I like mine mixed with steamed rice and a dash of vinegar.
- It freezes very well, but after reheating it resembles more of a purée.