- 1 medium chopped onion
- 3 choped cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- A generous handful of chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons of garam masala (or the curry powder of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 chopped tomatoes (I use canned ones)
- 2 large chicken things, cut in 4 or 5 pieces each.
- Gee, butter or vegetable oil
- Gently fry the onions, garlic, ginger and mint in a ghee for 3 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and turmeric and stir a little bit.
- Add yogurt and tomatoes and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until it’s tender. If the sauce is too watery (not all tomatoes and yogurt have the same water content), let it simmer uncovered until it thickens.
- Serve with rice, chapatis or dinner rolls.
This recipe tastes much better the day after.